Saturday, October 3, 2009

It Starts Today

I am still editing myself! After having an enlightening conversation with one of my friends earlier today. (She doesn't live in the same state, but she can call me on my self editing crutches, she pulls no punches.) I came to realize that I am still editing myself and making excuses. When I should really be saying, I feel sad, I feel sucked dry, I am angry, I am frustrated, I don't know how to make it better, I know how to make some things better, but I'm scared. I even catch myself doing it, why do I feel the need to complain about something, but quickly follow it up with some kind of ridiculous disclaimer like "oh but at least I have a job, it's really not that bad" when really I want to say that today I really hate my job, and I wish I didn't have it, and everyone can take a flying leap because I'm tired. It's because it's easier to let things go, cave into things, less confrontation, and I don't want to bring anyone down. What I need to realize is that when my friends and family ask me how things are, they have enough insight and brains to see under my shallow words, to the deeper and more ugly ones. They can see the truth that I try to sugarcoat. I am not in this alone, I have spare sets of backbones and hands to hold, and shoulders to cry on, and smiles to return and laughter to share to the point of pants wetting. Why am I even doing it anymore? No one in real life is actually like this. Well, this Stepford train has come to the end of it's track, no more Miss. Shallow, no more worrying about if it might bring someone down, no more thinking I have to be the easy one. It starts today.

1 comment:

  1. *cheer* I do sympathize with you feelings. Not one day goes by where I don't want to scream at the situations that surround me..so I always take time to myself to do just that...to implode and become overwhelmed, and loose it for awhile...because after the fit of tears..I feel better..and a hell of a lot stronger.

    ReplyDelete