Saturday, October 24, 2009

walking down this rocky road....

What would I do for love? Hmm well, a lot probably. I do a lot for so called love already. I'm pretty sure. Can you tell when you fall out of love? Am I in love? Is there an instruction book that I can own to see if I really am? When you say that you love someone, taking for granted gets thrown into the mix, a lot of, 'if you love me, you'll do this (insert request) for me.' I don't want to do things simply because it's what I'm supposed to. I will not be painted into a corner, I need to stand up for myself and the things that I want, the things I need. I've only just begun to peel back my layers, to expose the tender folds to the outside air, to dry out and harden like the fake shell that I've surrounded myself with. I can't go back to doing what I did before, being what I was before. I can see the road stretching out in front of me and all the potholes and sharp stones erupting through the soft dirt. I can see how painful it will be and I have no shoes. Only time will give me toughness. I need to stop thinking. And start walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment